As we approach Identiverse 2023, the world's premier identity security conference, we are excited for our first conference debut as Verosint since the rebrand. It’s energizing to be surrounded by like minded IAM leaders who are passionate about the possibilities of identity security and all that it enables (and protects).
Our team has attended so many Identiverse events over the years - including our very own, Jason Bonds, who helped to shape the very first event (originally named Cloud Identity Summit when Ping launched the conference back in 2008). So, we think we can offer some helpful tips on how to make the most of your time in Vegas.
There is much fun to be had at these conferences but it’s also a great opportunity to connect, learn and engage with each other in person.
If you still haven’t registered, register here with the code IDV23-VSINTG to save 20% on your registration fee.
Tip #1 - Plan Your Personal Agenda Now
Conferences can be exhausting! You will start out strong but mid-way through a 4-day event, you could run out of steam and miss a lot of opportunities on Days 3 and 4. Be sure to review the agenda which features numerous keynote speakers, breakout sessions, and workshops. It can get overwhelming without a plan, so map out your agenda before you go so you know where you’re going and when.
First time at Identiverse? We recommend the Newcomer Session. It’ll be packed with great tips and ideas for kicking off your first of many Identiverse events.
Here are a few sessions you won’t want to miss include:
Tip #2 - Use the Identiverse App
The Identiverse app is a helpful tool for all your on-site Identiverse needs. Don’t try to stay on track without it. It will help you to:
- personalize your conference agenda
- connect with your fellow attendees
- schedule 1:1 meetings (find the Verosint team there to book your 1:1 with us or, if you can’t wait, simply book directly now!)
- navigate the expo hall (look for us at Booth #1340),
- keep track of all the great things Identiverse has to offer!
Tip #3 - Be Prepared
Pack comfortable walking shoes, layers because some areas will be colder than others, hand sanitizer and mints - because there will be lots of networking. Also, throw some Liquid IV in your bags for those long days and over the top nights - it is Vegas after all! ;-) Want to try out a new app for packing lists? Try Pack Pal just for the fun of it!
Tip #4 - Get Credit for Your Time
Don’t forget to get those CPEs while you’re there. Identiverse offers the ability to receive up to 23 CPE credits for attending the Full Conference program. Post-Identiverse, you’ll receive a certificate indicating the credits earned via email. You will then need to self-report to your preferred credentialing organization.
Tip #5 - Make Time to Recharge
And last but not least, remember to enjoy the day, meet new peers, soak it all in! The best way to do this is to leave yourself some “free” time in between sessions and workshops for networking and making new connections, getting time with vendors to see technology demos and recharging with fresh air, exercise and Vegas fun with colleagues!
If you know you’ll want to work in a breakfast or dinner at one of Vegas’ fabulous restaurants, book your reservations now - things fill up. Here are some restaurants in Aria and the Cosmopolitan (just across the street) for easy reference:
- Carbone - Italian-American cuisine
- Catch - Seafood and sushi
- Jean Georges Steakhouse - Steak and seafood
- Bardot Brasserie - French cuisine
- Lemongrass - Thai cuisine
- Beauty & Essex - New American cuisine
- Jaleo - Spanish cuisine
- Eggslut - Breakfast and brunch
- Blue Ribbon - Sushi and Japanese cuisine
- STK - Steak and seafood
Legendary and outlandish is what Vegas is known for, so consider taking a longer walk or Uber to these dining spots:
- The Heart Attack Grill - This restaurant at the Fremont Street Experience downtown is known for its massive burgers, fries cooked in lard, and milkshakes served in IV bags.
- Ninja - Japanese restaurant featuring ninja servers who perform magic tricks and acrobatics while serving sushi, noodles, and more!
- Joel Robuchon - 3 Michelin-starred French restaurant renowned for its luxurious tasting menus, impeccable service, and opulent decor.
Tip #6 - Get Connected with Social Media
Follow #Identiverse on social media to follow the conference's official accounts and keep up with the latest news and announcements and connect with other attendees online.
See You There!
Attending Identiverse 2023 can be an incredibly valuable experience for identity security professionals looking to stay up-to-date on the latest trends and technologies in their field. By planning ahead you can make the most of your time at the conference and gain valuable insights and connections that will benefit your career today and for the long term. Learn more about our participation in Identiverse here and be sure to come by booth #1340 and say hi.